Friday, January 30, 2009

Faires Berrys results

Here we go again!    The balance of Dave's, #137, Y-DNA37 order came in yesterday so we can take a look at the relationships of the eight members of this family.

First, we'll take a look at their comparative results.    I know it's pretty flimsy but all I have to work with for an 'ancestral' haplotype is that Dave and Paul, #36, share a '17' at DYS576.    This 'ancestral' could easily change with new 37 marker tests, but it's all we have to go on at this point.

And here we have the Faires' genetic distances -
And my least favorite table, Time to Most Recent Common Ancestor.    Remember, all this tells you is a 75% probability that the most recent common ancestor will be within this time.    This necessarily includes the 25% possibility that he will be outside this time.
And the Faires' cladogram.    Only five of the family had tested to 37 markers so they could be compared.    I suspect that DYS576 may be important to this family, perhaps to differentiate lines?


Post a Comment

<< Home