Tuesday, March 13, 2007

. . . it pours!

Well, FINALLY!    Mary Ann's, #m4, results are in!    Originally expected on 1/22/07 Mary Ann's HVR2 results arrived yesterday morning and are posted.    A quick reminder to Mary Ann and to all of you  -   Whenever you get new results, be sure to upload them to ySearch or, as in this case, mitosearch.    It's very easy to do.    Simply click on the darkened line that says 'Click here to upload' found in your 'Matches' tab on your FTDNA personal page.    I'm assuming that most of us are doing this to connect with hitherto unknown cousins?    YSearch and Mitosearch are great tools for doing this but they can't find you if your results aren't there.

Another good thing to do to further that objective is to upload your GEDCOM through the link that FTDNA has provided.    Mary Ann does have a match on both HVR1 and HVR2 and, as luck would have it, her match has uploaded his/her GEDCOM.    Mary Ann can click on her match's link and learn that her match's maternal line is Kidd, Winchester, Hobbs, Averitt, Cooper, Douglas, Blakemore, Tomlin and Steal.    She can then look to see if any of these surnames are also included in her maternal line.

And, three of my, #7, five advanced marker order results came in later in the day.    They are DYS434 9, DYS435 11 and DYS643 13.    Really no biggie since I don't even have anyone else to compare them to.    I think that it's just that I ordered them last October and I thought they'd taken enough time.    Still two to go.

And, if that weren't enough, later last night I got a notice from SMGF that they have just added new haplotypes and genealogies to the Sorenson mtDNA and Y-Chromosome databases.    I did a quick check of the Y-DNA databases and found that I have 4 or 5 additional markers posted, one new, DYS445, and John, #39, has two additional markers posted.    I'll talk about them later when I have more time.    I believe that everyone else stayed the same.

I haven't had an opportunity to check newly posted mtDNA sequences yet.    Nor am I as comfortable finding my way around that database.    I'll do some looking but I'll mostly have to rely on you all to tell me when you find your matrilineal line posted there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home