Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Madison County, Virginia

Madison County, Virginia was formed from Culpeper County in 1792.    Culpeper County was formed from Orange County, Virginia in 1749.

Madison County is one of the most scenic areas of Virginia.    Traveling Route 231 starting at about Sperryville in Culpeper Co. and running south in the foothills of the Blue Ridge, past Old Rag Mountain, down to about Banco or Criglersville or Syria, an official Virginia "Scenic By-way", is about as good as it gets, particularly in mid-October at the height of the 'colors'.There are no cities in Madison County and there seemed to be, then and now, relatively a larger number of Berry/Berreys there, so it seemed to me to be a place to study.I haven't yet been to the Berrey Cemetery shown here.    Perhaps a trip for this Spring.

I've recently re-done and expanded my Madison Co. Berrys database and now have it online.    Unfortunately, the only Madison Co. Berry family in the database that I've been able to identify to this point turns out to be a Culpeper Co. Berry.    I guess that stands to reason.

Speaking of the Culpeper Co. Berrys, David's, #57, final markers arrived yesterday and (unfortunately) matched exactly the Y-Refine37to67 panels of the other Culpeper Co. Berrys.    No distance tables changed at all but it did give us another 67 marker person to add to their cladogram.
It's almost too unimportant to mention but all my advanced markers but one also came in yesterday.    Markers don't mean a lot until they're compared with like markers belonging to another.    No other Berrys have tested these.    Yet, I hope.

So, at the moment, the only outstanding test that we have to look forward to is my DXYS156 due 4/30/2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home