Saturday, May 19, 2007

Promises made, promises broken

Well, I'm going to have to renege on my promise.    I told you that I thought that Ken's, #83, and Artie's, #90, Y-DNA26-37 results would come in together.    Well, they did.    Last evening.

Problem is  -  Artie continues to match exactly Sterling, #5, jim, #7, Keith, #37, and Cameron, #58, in the Augusta/Washington Co. Berrys.    What's wrong with that, you ask?    Well, I told you that when Artie's Y-DNA26-37 markers came in I'd do another Augusta/Washington Co. Berry cladogram.

It wouldn't do any good.    Might as well just add his name to the list of the four of us on this one.Further problem is, I'm not sure that I could in good conscience recommend to Artie that he upgrade to 67 markers.    Three of us have done that in the Augusta/Washington Co. Berry family and notwithstanding having some differences in the first 37 markers, none of us differed on the final 30.    What to do?

But as perplexing as Artie's markers are, Ken's are just that interesting.    He has differences in these last 12 markers from each of the other five members of the Orange Co. Berrys.    I can hardly wait to see what the Orange Co. Berry cladogram looks like.    Stay tuned.

In the meantime, however, Artie should upload his new markers and Ken all his markers to YSearch by going to their FTDNA personal pages and under the Y-DNA Matches tab, clicking the line that says, "Click here to upload the additional markers to Ysearch.org".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home