Saturday, January 31, 2009

Swan Quarter

You may recall that I have a Swan Quarter Berrys (I liked the name) database of Hyde Co., NC Berrys that I gleaned from the various censuses from 1850 through 1930 supplemented with information from the Hyde Co. GenWeb pages.    I can't recall now whether we have more than one Swan Quarter Berry tested but I do know that Johnny, #117, from that group has and matches the Spartanburg Co., SC Berrys.    There were and are so many Berrys in Hyde Co. that I can't tell which direction the migration may have gone - the two areas are not that proximate.
This family may have to become much more robust before that becomes apparent.

You may also recall (or not) that during Berry Beach Week last year I traveled to Fulford Cemetery in Hyde Co. to photograph the Berry gravestones there.    I now have that online here.    It is very strange that both the Soule Cemetery and the Fulford Cemetery are overrun with Berry gravestones while the Amity Church graveyard just a short distance away contained nary a one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home