Thursday, December 02, 2010

Holiday DNA Sales

Both FTDNA and 23andMe have announced new/continued sales for the holidays!

Here are the particulars:



23andMe has extended its current sale:


I can only assume that the $89 upgrade mentioned in the previous post also continues.    I've searched the site and can find nothing about that.

POSTED AT 1:15 AM, FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2010
NOTE:
    The upgrade does continue.    And they've added an additional option.    It is either $89 plus $5/month, as before, or $149 includes prepaid subscription for the life of the platform.    I guess if you opt for the latter you're betting that they're not going to upgrade the chip again within the next 12 months.   

Things seem to be in a state of flux at 23andMe.   Can't tell exactly what's going on.    I think I might advise waiting a few weeks to see what else they're going to change.    That's what I would have done if I'd had any indication that the 'sale' was more than just a Thanksgiving sale.

POSTED AT 1:15 PM, FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2010
NOTE:
    The 'natives' are getting restless.    A recent post from a 23andMe forum:
Sam Astor: Dec 3, 2010
(13 minutes ago)
I still can't believe the unprofessionalism and the poor communication skills of 23andme.    As a customer, I believed in the company and trusted them with my most important piece of information:   my DNA.    I hate to see how badly 23andme managed the update news and the customer service for the last 2 weeks.    Makes me have second thoughts about 23andme.    If they can't handle a customer service situation because they claim they don't have people, what should I expect about a serious scientific analysis of my SNPs.    I think is a great idea to listen to your customers and make decisions based on what they want, but all this improvisations makes me wonder if 23andme really has a serious project or not.

@_Homa, please don't write just a twitter-like sentence with the news and then never show up again.    If you are going to say something that is important for a lot of people, please link it to a page where you have developed the subject so people don't have to ask a million questions that go by unanswered.

I want things to go great for 23andme.    I believe it can be done, but right now I'm really "disappointed loyal customer"
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home