Sunday, March 09, 2014

My Days May Be Numbered

FTDNA has published new Group Administrator Guidelines for FTDNA Projects that I would invite you to read, HERE.

My first impression is that they're asking for a LOT of free help for their business under their rules and for no apparent return.    In addition, while perhaps unclear, could "Any external website should specify that the DNA results are from Family Tree DNA" mean that we cannot display results from other labs?

I guess we'll see, but my days may be numbered.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Artie Berry said...

Until today, I was not aware that FTDNA had a site displaying the results. I am used to and like your "external" site (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~langolier/BerryDNA/dna_home.html). It does seem like a lot of work for little return. Work I would not be interested in doing.

1:38 PM  
Blogger langolier said...

Sorry Artie. I guess I should have made that clearer. It's at the bottom of each yResults page. Click on the red 'FTDNA Reports'.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home