Sunday, January 20, 2008

I had a notion . . . .

. . . that if I compared Ken Nordtvedt's I1a subclades with our I1a Berrys it would probably tell us something interesting  --   maybe even show us which folks belonged to which subclades.

Well, I did it and . . . NOT!

This was Ken"s comment.    "I have two Berry haplotypes of 67 markers in my research database.    Both were placed in I1a-AS(generic), and this was before your message arrived.    I usually just keep one haplotype from a family.    Why do I have two in I1a-AS(generic)?    It was because I decided their common ancestor was far back in time, probably before the age of surnames.

Half of all I1a-AS is in AS(generic).    That means there is no clear founder for a clade of these folks earlier than the founder of I1a-AS, himself.    That's 6000 years ago.    I happen to also be in AS(generic) right now."

POSTED AT 4:14 PM, SUNDAY, JANUARY 20, 2000
A Loss for Genetic Genealogy


James LeVoy Sorenson died today at 86.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are the 'two' 67 marker I1a's in Ken's database??

Carol

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home