Thursday, March 13, 2008

Calling any Strawbery Banke Berrys

Many online Berry Plain Berry genealogies claim that Henry Berry, the patriarch, is the son of Johan Berry, father of William Berry of Strawberry Bank (Portsmouth, NH) in New England.    Given the parallel history that Henry "arrived [in tidewater Virginia] as a headright in a land patent issued to Epharaditus Lawson, dated May 22, 1650"6, I've often wondered which, if either, was correct, or are both correct?    I thought that DNA might help provide an answer, at least if the New England hypothesis were true.

To that end I decided on a modest effort to find descendants of William Berry of Strawberry Bank to test.    Last year I did some online research (is that an oxymoron?) to put a Strawberry Bank database of some of the descendants of William Berry online and photographed the Berry cemetery in Rye (Sandy Beach), NH, mentioned in some of the history7 and also put that online, all to the end of attracting Berry descendants of those mentioned to test, and all, so far despite mentioning it once or twice or thrice before, to no avail.

Where are you?

4 Comments:

Blogger Dina Keratsis said...

Would love to do this. My father worked on my mother's genealogy and we are pretty sure we traced my great-grandpa, Harold Berry of Maine, back to England via Strawberry Banke. Would like to now for sure. Happy to share the records he found.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am Edward Boynton and I am a descendant of William Berry through his son James. Please contact me at nsci@att.net. Would love to participate.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

William Berry is my 8th great grandfather. I have tested my DNA through ancestry.com. I am interested in testing. My email is: andray7@msn.com.

1:41 PM  
Blogger IB_Smokin said...

I am a descendant of William Berry. Contact me.
dwb041@yahoo.com

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home