Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Ambiguous results

Y-DNA1-12 results arrived yesterday for Edward, #110.    Edward was expected to match the Faires Berrys and, so far, he does.    Difficulty is that he also matches the Barry/Berrys, 12/12.    What does this mean?    Not much.    Mainly that you can't tell much from a 12 marker result.    At least he doesn't NOT match the family that he was expecting.

Interesting thing, though.    I was looking through the list of Edward's matches and noticed a name I didn't recognize   -   John Henry Barry.    I wrote him inviting him to join us.    Keep your fingers crossed.

******************

Jack (John) answered right away and said he'd like to join us.    Jack is in the 'Barry Project' that has, as best I can figure, maybe 10 members (but I can't locate that many).    I've spent the better part of this evening trying to help him get transferred to our Project.

Jack is Participant #114    His 12 marker haplotype matches Edward, Paul Dean, #36, David Scott, #59, C.E., #77, and William A. Barry, #79, but then, you know what I think about 12 marker matches.    When I get Jack's yAncestry it will at least give us an idea which of these matches might be expected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home