Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Culpeper Co., VA Berrys

I'm not a DNA expert.   I only play one on this blog, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

I mentioned yesterday that new results had just arrived for David Herbert Berry, #57.   David is one of five related Berrys we call the 'Culpeper Co., VA' Berrys, who are shown in AQUA in the Project website.   The other four are Brent Berry, #4, Jonathan Berry, #12, Richard Berry, #16, and Harold Berry, #62.

If there is such a thing as an ancestral hyplotype, I would suggest that David's is it for this family.   He is the only person in the group whose alleles all match at least one other's.   (Possibly Jonathan's also but he has only tested to 25 markers.)   In other words, David has no unique markers not shared by another in the family.

Here are the distances comparisons:

For 25 Markers
For 37 markers
Combined
Too bad all five in this family aren't tested to 37 markers.   A cladogram might be interesting.   If I had the OS to run them myself, I'd do a 25 marker cladogram for these folks just for curiosity but I still have to ask Dr. Fitzpatrick for assistance and don't want unduly to impose on her good nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home