Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Give Blood, Give Life


I stopped by the local Red Cross Blood Bank yesterday afternoon (Well, I really had made an appointment online at www.givelife.org) and, as usual, they were glad to see me.   Partly because my blood type is O negative (universal donor) and partly because the blood supply in many regions of the country is critically low.

It's very easy to do and much appreciated.   The first photo above is my premium for donating.   A sports seat cushion.   Looks like it should be for football but I imagine it can be used for other sports as well -- and probably even for non sporting events.

I took a couple of photos while donating just to show how really easy it is.   Takes about an hour and they give you a snack and drink when you've finished.
This is another one of those things that you've thought about but just haven't taken the time to do.   You should.   Call 1.800.GIVE.LIFE and make an appointment now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home