Thursday, March 01, 2007

Gathering Family History Information
4 of 26

Well, today's the day that I've been told I'd get results from my FTDNA advanced marker order placed sometime last October and with an 'expected results' date of Nov. 27.    They're not here yet but I guess the day's not over either.    I'm not actually sure why I'm so impatient about them.    By themselves they don't mean anything and no one else in the family has ordered them to compare with.   I guess it just seems that they've had my money long enough that I ought to have a return on it.

To be fair, though, the lab running these tests IS a new start up by FTDNA, run by Thomas Krahn, formerly of DNA FP who, in addition to getting new equipment purchased and up and running, had to move himself and his family over here from Germany.    When he ran his own business in Germany, Thomas was always one of the 'good guys' offering new tests and whatever else he could to push this new science/hobby forward and I'm sure he'll continue to do that in his new role with FTDNA.

Patrick's, #60, estimated results date for his new Y-Refine12to37 order has now been given as April 18, 2007.

And now the movie:

Gathering Family History Information

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home