Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fini

Well, temporarily, I hope.    My last marker, and the last marker the Project had waiting for results, DXYS156, came in yesterday, 7-12.    Now I'll have to learn what those results mean, if anything.    The old DNA-FP site describes it as "a multi-purpose short tandem repeat locus for determination of sex, paternal and maternal geographic origins and DNA fingerprinting."    Duh.

We do have two (perhaps three) test kits outstanding for 'swabbing' that should be returned shortly.    Fingers crossed.

Since it will be some time before our Project results change again, I'll go ahead and post a new genetic distance table showing all results for everyone in the Project:
Since I believe that Time to Most Recent Common Ancestor tables generate more confusion than light, I'm not going to go to the trouble to prepare one for this blog post.    If you insist on seeing one, however, it is online and may be reached by clicking this link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home