Saturday, February 02, 2008

Surprise!

Remember that Keith, #107, expected to match the Berry Plain Berrys?    Well, Keith tested with DNA Heritage and I use the SMGF search pages for nomenclature conversion to obtain FTDNA compatible values.    When I had entered his values I thought I'd just take a look to see if he matched anyone who had tested at SMGF.    He did!    He matched Lawrence, #61, a member of the English Colony Berry Family.

As a final test I compared his haplotype with those of both the Berry Plain Berrys and the English Colony Berrys and here are the results -And the obligatory TMRCA -It really wouldn't have surprised us if we had only looked at the English Colony Berry yAncestry for Robert, #43, since Keith's GG Grandfather is Robert's Grandfather.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jim for the blog news.
I have found it a bit confusing trying to decipher the results that are posted.
I will research on-line some more.
Thanks again.
Keith L. Berry

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a geographic area or name for the "English Colony Berry's" ?
Also, thanks for the referral to harry. Barb Berrey Stotler

6:14 PM  
Blogger langolier said...

Check the short Bios on the yAncestry page.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home