Friday, October 17, 2008

Oregon trip

My secondary mission during my recent trip back to Oregon and Washington was to visit cemeteries.    I only had four on my list for this trip and managed to get to each.

The first was Fox Valley Cemetery in Linn Co., Oregonthe burial place of the Augusta/Washington Co. John Preston Berry family, and several other Berrys that I haven't yet been able to place.

The I.O.O.F. Cemetery in White Salmon, Washingtonwhere my parents, uncle, brother-in-law and many, many schoolmates, friends and early acquaintances are buried.

The Pioneer Cemetery in The Dalles, Oregonwhere only Wasco County pioneers seem to be buried, no Berrys.

and finally, Cove Cemetery in Union Co., Oregonwhere my mother's sister, Margueriette (Auntie Bobeets to me), is buried and where I told an email request that I would look for his family gravestones -- found 'em.

That's the easy, fun part, taking the photos.    Cropping, rotating, resizing and generally manipulating the photos and setting up a webpage to display them is the drudge part.    I'm actually several cemeteries behind.    Good thing I'm retired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home