Monday, August 08, 2011

nunc pro tunc

Nunc pro tunc is a latin term used in judicial circles to mean roughly 'this for that' where one says something now that he intended to say in the past.    I actually thought that I had posted the following this past May 27, but discovered that I had not.

Nunc pro tunc

So far only Delmer, #194, has ordered the Y-Refine67to111 upgrade.    I'm sure that it will be kind of lonesome out there with no one to compare with..    It's probably just as well, though, since we as yet have no place to display many of those results.

Well, Delmer's results are starting to arrive so I guess I'm going to have to get busy re-coding the yResults pages.    The unfortunate thing is that the upgrade is not an entire new and different set of markers.    Many of these markers have been ordered and received by our members before as advanced markers and some were included in other labs' results.

The second unfortunate thing is that FTDNA displays them in an entirely different order than I had chosen several years earlier.    Here's my start to convert our table to accommodate the new markers.


DYS565 is the last of the 67 markers.    The top line shows my markers as they are now.    The bottom line shows my markers using FTDNA's (now) order.

Problem is, I'm not the only one with advanced markers and it's going to be tricky trying to get them in the right boxes.    I've never been handy with spreadsheets and all those labor saving devices so I have to do all the coding and data entry by hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home