Thursday, September 13, 2007

I give up

During this past week or so I've predicted from partial results (with the help of Whit Athey's haplogroup predictor) that James, #97, haplogroup would be I1b1, and later, J2.    Well, the balance of his 67 markers were returned yesterday and, using all, we get these results:
Basic 15-Haplogroup Program - fitness 21, probability 98.8%, J2

Beta 21-Haplogroup Program - fitness 18, probability 43.2%, I1b1
or fitness 21, probability 47.7%, Q
???    It's a good thing that his Y-HAP-Backbone test is in the works.

We have a new participant!    Gordon Berry from New Zealand will be #99 and our 104th participant.    Gordon's joining us is particularly good news for me for I expect him to match the Augusta/Washington Co. Berrys.    I expect Gordon's story to be much like that of Cam, #58, and Patrick, #60.    Their ancestors emigrated from Ireland directly to Canada and Australia, respectively, about 100 years after the Augusta/Washington Co. Berrys came to America, yet our DNAs match.    Now if we could only find a match still living in Ireland and Scotland.

yAncestry lines for Danny, #95, and Jim, #96, have been added to the Project website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home