Monday, September 12, 2011

Oops!

I forgot Elmo, #216, in the hassle of cleaning up after FTDNA but, fortunately, got a reminder this morning.    Ancestry.com results are always a problem to convert to FTDNA nomenclature so that they can be compared across the entire Project and these have me scratching my head.    They came to me already in FTDNA order so I'll have to assume that the conversion is correct but Elmo has a strange result at DYS442.    His is 17 and no one else in the entire project has a result higher than 14.

Hmmmm.    I suspect that 17 is a mistake.    When I use an Ancestry.com value of 17 in the SMGF converter, it converts to a FTDNA value of 12.    Guess I'd better find out where his values came from.

I'll have his yAncestry posted shortly.

POSTED AT 7:15 PM, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2011
I shouldn't have assumed that because Elmo's values were in FTDNA order, they had also been converted.    I've now converted them and Elmo's stuff is all posted.    In addition, his haplotype has been compared with all Participants in the Project and he has no matches.    His nearest is a genetic distance of 5 from #75.   

Maybe something, maybe nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home