Wednesday, June 06, 2007

D-Day - An attack on your mitocondria?

Professor Peter Piper, UK aging expert and professor of molecular biology and biotechnology, recently warned against the use of sodiam bonzoate, a common ingredient in diet soft drinks such as Fanta, Pepsi Max, Diet Pepsi, Coca-Cola, Sprite, Oasis and Dr Pepper (My drink of choice) saying it has "the ability to cause severe damage to DNA in the mitochondria . . . . The mitochondria consumes the oxygen to give you energy and if you damage it . . . then the cell starts to malfunction very seriously" contributing to "Parkinson's and quite a lot of neuro-degenerative diseases, but above all the whole process of ageing."

For further reading on this subject, check the Longevity Science blog.

Servo dies

Brian, #50, has saved the day!    Just when we thought all was lost and our pipeline was empty Brian ordered his Y-Refine37to67 and his DeepSNP-I tests.    Brian will be the 4th Augusta/Washington Co. Berry to have ordered the 67 marker upgrade.    Maybe we'll finally see some variation in those last 30 markers.

Brian is an Augusta/Washington Co. Berry so, if asked, I suspect that Carol would have advised him not to bother with the DeepSNP-I test because jim, #7, another Augusta/Washington Co. Berry has already been SNP tested and Brian will also be I1a*.    That may well be true.    I'm afraid that I don't think I understand SNPs well enough yet to be comfortable with that assertion and I welcome the verification.

Another indication of how 'with it' someone like Brian is:    Today is 'batch shipment day'.    Save a week, save the world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with this completely, thanks for the post.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home