Sunday, September 16, 2007

Reunion Report

Well, I'd have to call yesterday's trip to the Culpeper Co. Berrys reunion a 'muted' success.    There was no real organization other than serving a pot luck dinner.    Mm-m-m-m-m-m-m.    And to think that I thought I didn't like potato salad all the time I was growing up.    Anyway, the noise/conversation level was too high for any organized presentation so I just talked with several folks individually or in small groups.    The upshot of all this is that three Berrys tested, Raymond, Richard and Matthew, leaving four test kits unused.    I'm going to have to ask SMGF if there's any kind of 'expiration date' on the Genetirinse solution they use for DNA collection so I can keep the unused ones around until opportunity presents.

I wasn't there but it's my distinct impression that the Orange Co. Berrys reunion was organized by people with a particular interest in genealogy.    Most aren't and the families are just getting together to see the family they know about but haven't seen for a year.    Asking around yesterday, I couldn't locate any Berry surnamed people there who were particularly interested in genealogy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home